Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

Cats and Olives

Experiment time!!!! Find a cat... get a green olive... give it to the cat... record what happens to the cat... or better... film it!

Now then, where was I... After 1 A*, 8 A's, 1 B at GCSE and an A in Textiles, C in English and a C in Chemistry at A Level, I was finally 18 and free from school. Intent on pursuing a career in Textiles and after getting advice from several people I decided to do an Art Foundation in Cheltenham at Gloucestershire University. Located on Pitville Campus and surrounded by some brilliant people I had probably the best year of my life since returning back to the UK from Saudi. University life was a refreshing change to the structured world of school and I adapted to it well and settled down extremely quickly. During the Art Foundation we covered everything from Life Drawing, Photography, Fashion, Graphic Design and Art History. It was a great time to experiment and it opened up my mind to all types of media.

Colour Pencil Drawing for GCSE Art

Pencil Drawing for GCSE Art.
Life Drawing using Charcoal and a Rubber
Art Foundation

Life Drawing using Charcoal
Art Foundation

Experimental Ink and Wooden Stick
Art Foundation
**WARNING - EMOTIONAL PARAGRAPH**
Finally it seems appropriate to mention here a very close friend of mine. Although we went to school together it wasn't until we both did the Art Foundation that our friendship blossomed! Lol, very cheesy!!! But not only did she make me soup every day for at least a week whilst I felt sorry myself because I'd got my tongue pierced and couldn't eat, we also scrived off the Art Foundation to hibernate in her room watching Lost, she was my bag and book carrier when I tore the ligaments in my knee, but also, most importantly, however little or often I see her now, she continues to be brilliant and probably one of only a few people who I can truly call a real friend who I know will be there no matter what! I manage to get myself in all sorts of problems and Miss Emily Pearce is the luckiest girl in the world as I tell her everything... and by that I mean absolutely EVERYTHING... and she never judges me. We normally both end up in tears of laughter as we wonder how on earth I got myself into such a pickle.... again!! So men, watch out... Emily knows!! :-) Dude I salut you and I love you for putting up with me!

BIG LOVE
cycles and spoons

No comments:

Post a Comment