Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Ghosts and Spirits

I have crazy, bizarre dreams... fact... and it makes sense to utilise this blog to document the weirdest one's down, especially as dreams are so forgettable. Why I have them I have no idea, but I do love them. I think it is fascinating to see how incredible your mind is and how it works. There must be a reason behind my dreams.. surely?! Either that or my mind just likes to entertain it self and doesn't care much for resting.

So back on Sunday night I had a nightmare.. now luckily these don't happen often and this one was particularly unsettling. I must have been a sleep but then I started dreaming that I was trying to get to sleep.. and as I would begin to doze off, scary stuff began to happen :(

Now I'm very open minded when it comes to ghosts and spirits etc - I don't not believe in it but I think it's one of those things where you buy into it all when you've had your very own 'supernatural' experience. I however have not, so it bemuses me to why I even had this dream.

So there I was, curled up in a ball, desperately trying to sleep.. but I could sense things around me, and when I opened my eyes there was a spirit / ghost thing and although it resembled no face - I knew it was staring at me. I jumped up and ran.. but no matter how fast I went or which way I moved it followed with such ease that it was terrifying. I think it is here that I woke up. Looking around my bedroom, squinting to see through the dark, you immediately realise you're having a nightmare. After your heart skips a few beats, you settle down and tell yourself to man-up, but you can never seem to shrug off that slightly unsettling feeling, but knowing you have a busy day to come you are determined to put the dream to the back of your mind, get straight back to sleep and pray that you dream about something else!

Now why is it that when you have great dreams and someone wakes you up, you try to get back to sleep and desperately think about your dream in the hope that you will fall back into it.. but it never happens. Yet those nightmares you hate, you fall back in to every time?!

So once again, I found myself in a corner of a room - so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. Curled into a ball, as though convinced that if I clutched onto myself as tight as possible and became as still as a statue, I could trick the spirits into thinking I was not there. Sure enough though they were back, they were compressing against me, and although they were not hurting me - I could feel their hatred. Before I knew it I was up again and running for my life, yet my best efforts were not good enough and I could still feel them breathing on the back of my neck, damming me to die.

I woke up again. The feeling of absolute helplessness is one that appears often in my nightmares... and it seems to be this that usually wakes me up - the realisation that you are no longer in control of your own life and that no matter what you do, it will not save you. It is also a feeling which I hope I never have to experience in real life.

Sure enough, I fell back to sleep and the same thing happened... over and over and over. I woke up in the morning feeling completely exhausted. Because the nightmare was about trying to get to sleep I have no idea how much I actually slept and how much was the nightmare, making the whole experience feel very real.

So there we have it.. my first dream / nightmare to share with you. If anyone has an explanation for the dream then I'm all ears!

BIG LOVE
Cycles and Spoons

No comments:

Post a Comment